RESPONSIBILITIES: To work together with the Head Start Teacher providing comprehensive Head Start experiences that meet the requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards. To empower parents as team members in a comprehensive approach to child development and self-sufficiency.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Complete food preparation tasks and clean-up.
• Pick up and deliver meals as needed, if applicable.
• Perform required record keeping.
• Assist in preparation of classroom health and nutrition activities.
• Perform janitorial duties daily.
• Attend training and staff meetings as designated.
• Serve as a short-term substitute in the absence of the Assistant Teacher.
• Follow established safety procedures.
• Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
• Assist with transportation activities as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer/keyboarding skills required.
• Ability to follow problem-solving and conflict-resolution strategies.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to travel in a nine (9) county area.
• Reliable mode of transportation.
• Reliable, regular attendance.
• Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
• Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per
Head Start regulations.
Please refer to job #0523H when applying.