Mission: Eliminating poverty by empowering individuals and strengthening communities.
United Community Action Partnership relies on monetary donations to provide services that empower and strengthen thousands of local individuals and families each year. Whether your donation is a one-time gift, a monthly donation, or an established annual contribution, your monetary donation is building stronger communities throughout the nine counties we serve.Donate Now
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in United Community Action Partnership, and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of UCAP’s mission, of the way UCAP intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on UCAP’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to UCAP’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extend provided by the law.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing UCAP’s interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of UCAP or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
Our Giving Recognition Levels
- Friend: $50-$99
- Supporter: $100-$249
- Advocate: $250-$499
- Partner: $500-$999
- Sustainer: $1,000-$2,499
- Champion: $2,500 & over
UCAP is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. All donations are tax deductible to the extent of the law. Letters of receipt will be provided to all donors.