Homelessness in Rural Minnesota…
Does it exist? Yes! It just looks different here.
People experiencing homelessness might be:
- Living in their cars
- Walking around businesses all night to keep warm
- Sleeping in storage garages when it’s too cold outside
- Sleeping outside
- Locking themselves in bathrooms of businesses overnight
- Couch hopping (going from friend to friend, staying for a couple of days)
- Using the last of their resources to pay for short stays at a local motel
- Fleeing domestic violence
When people have no place to go, United Community Action Partnership is here to help.
We can offer limited motel stays as a short-term solution while working with people to come up with a plan for long-term housing stability.