Homelessness in Rural Minnesota…
Does it exist? Yes! It just looks different here.
People experiencing homelessness might be:
- Living in their cars
- Walking around businesses all night to keep warm
- Sleeping in storage garages when it’s too cold outside
- Sleeping outside
- Locking themselves in bathrooms of businesses overnight
- Couch hopping (going from friend to friend, staying for a couple of days)
- Using the last of their resources to pay for short stays at a local motel
- Fleeing domestic violence
When people have no place to go, United Community Action Partnership is here to help.
We can offer limited motel stays as a short-term solution while working with people to come up with a plan for long-term housing stability.
Are you in need of emergency shelter?
Reach out to your local UCAP office or contact our main office and we will connect you to one of our dedicated staff members.