We believe in quality care and education for every child.
Child Care Aware of Minnesota is a statewide early childhood leader driving change through partnerships to build an equitable, high-quality early care and education system that meets the needs of Minnesota’s families and children. UCAP is your trusted source for child care resources and referral.
Child Care Aware is provided in Kandiyohi, McLeod, Meeker, and Renville counties.
This initiative is made possible, or funded in part, with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
Need help paying for child care?
Early Childhood Professionals
- Learn more about becoming a provider.
- Check out grants and scholarships for early childhood professionals and programs.
We are proud to support Parent Aware, Minnesota’s Quality Rating System. Learn what it can mean for you as a child care program or as a family using child care services
Family, Friend and Neighbor (FFN)
Family, Friend and Neighbor (FFN) care is unlicensed care provided by a relative, friend or someone in the community. It can occur in the child’s home or in the caregiver’s home. Caregivers may include grandparents, other relatives and non-relatives. It may be full or part-time, paid or unpaid care.
UCAP can develop new FFN networks and strengthen existing ones, offer training and materials to providers, and connect providers to services and resources.
- Training and resources for FFN providers to improve and promote children’s health and safety
- Training for FFN providers to support school-age children’s distance learning
- Social emotional learning, health and safety, and early learning kits for FFN providers
- Technology to support virtual connections and training on technology use
- Recruitment to get FFN providers into professional support networks
- Education about child care licensing
- Education about the Child Care Assistance Program, Early Learning Scholarships and other financial supports for families
- Transportation for FFN providers and children’s families to school readiness and other early childhood training activities
- Culturally appropriate early childhood training.