Helping households maintain affordable, continuous, and safe home energy.
Energy Assistance provides financial assistance to pay a portion of a household’s energy and heating bills. In addition, the program offers emergency assistance for utility disconnection, educates consumers to use home heating energy efficiently and safely, and provides emergency heating system repair or replacement for homeowners.
How to Apply
The 2022-2023 Energy Assistance Program begins October 1st, 2022. If you were approved for the program in 2021-2022 season, the State of Minnesota will automatically mail out a new application for the new season starting October 1st, 2022.
An application must be completed in order to receive Energy Assistance. Applications can be downloaded by clicking on the tab below or
picked up at any of our locations.
Once an application is complete, it can be dropped off at any of our locations.
Or your completed application can be mailed to:
United Community Action Partnership
PO Box 1359
Willmar, MN 56201
Minnesota’s Water Assistance Program
- The water assistance program begins October 1st, 2022.
- Customers can apply for water assistance using the Energy Assistance Program (EAP) application.
- Water assistance can make payments to public water suppliers on behalf of eligible residential customers for disconnected water or wastewater services, or for past due water and wastewater bills.
- Water assistance cannot pay for other municipal services like trash, cable television or internet services.
If you are interested in bidding on heating repairs and replacements for United Community Action Partnership’s Energy Related Repair (ERR) program, please contact us to complete the Contractor Application. Must meet the qualifications for a Mechanical contractor.
Women, Minority and Section 3 businesses are encouraged to apply. Preference is given to Women, Minority and Section 3 businesses. EOE/AA/ADA
- Minnesota Cold Weather Rule
- Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Weatherization & Intergovernmental Programs
Income Guidelines for Households cannot be more than these income guidelines for 3 months.