Helping households maintain affordable, continuous, and safe home energy.
The Energy Assistance Program, funded by Department of Commerce, provides financial assistance to pay a portion of a household’s energy and heating bills. In addition, the program offers emergency assistance for utility disconnection, educates consumers to use home heating energy efficiently and safely, and provides emergency heating system repair or replacement for homeowners.
- 5,355 households were assisted with an average grant of $518
- $3,129,381 in Energy Assistance Program funds were paid to local utility and fuel vendors
- 1,434 families were served with emergency heating assistance
- 190 households were assisted with furnace repairs or replacements resulting in $290,697 paid to local contractors
How to Apply
An application must be completed in order to receive Energy Assistance. Applications can be downloaded by clicking on the tab below or picked up at any of our locations. Due to COVID-19, if you need to pick up an application, please call ahead so our staff can assist you.
Once an application is complete, it can be dropped off at any of our locations.
To arrange to drop off a completed application, please call 320.235.0850 ext. 1137.
Or your completed application can be mailed to:
United Community Action Partnership
PO Box 1359
Willmar, MN 56201
FFY21 English App FFY21 English Fillable App FFY21 Spanish App
If you are interested in bidding on heating repairs and replacements for United Community Action Partnership’s Energy Related Repair (ERR) program, please contact us to complete the Contractor Application. Must meet the qualifications for a Mechanical contractor.
Women, Minority and Section 3 businesses are encouraged to apply. Preferences is given to Women, Minority and Section 3 businesses. EOE/AA/ADA
- Minnesota Cold Weather Rule
- Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Weatherization & Intergovernmental Programs