Helping households maintain affordable, continuous, and safe home energy.
The Energy Assistance Program, funded by Department of Commerce, provides financial assistance to pay a portion of a household’s energy and heating bills. In addition, the program offers emergency assistance for utility disconnection, educates consumers to use home heating energy efficiently and safely, and provides emergency heating system repair or replacement for homeowners.
- 5,657 households were assisted with an average grant of $563
- $3,295,044 in Energy Assistance Program funds were paid to local utility and fuel vendors
- 1,267 families were served with emergency heating assistance
- 229 households were assisted with furnace repairs or replacements resulting in $388,331 paid to local contractors
How to Apply
An application must be completed in order to receive Energy Assistance. Applications can be downloaded below or picked up at any of our locations.
Once an application is complete, it can dropped off at any of our locations or mailed to:
United Community Action Partnership
PO Box 1359
Willmar, MN 56201
Energy Assistance is given on a first come first serve basis. Applications are due by May 31, 2020 in order to be eligible for this program year (October 1, 2019-May 31, 2020). If you turn in an application after May 31, you will receive priority mailing of an application for the 2020-2021 program year.Download Application (Spanish PDF)
- Minnesota Cold Weather Rule
- Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Weatherization & Intergovernmental Programs
Gross 3 Month