Helping households maintain affordable, continuous, and safe home energy.
The Energy Assistance Program, funded by Department of Commerce, provides financial assistance to pay a portion of a household’s energy and heating bills. In addition, the program offers emergency assistance for utility disconnection, educates consumers to use home heating energy efficiently and safely, and provides emergency heating system repair or replacement for homeowners.
- 5,657 households were assisted with an average grant of $563
- $3,295,044 in Energy Assistance Program funds were paid to local utility and fuel vendors
- 1,267 families were served with emergency heating assistance
- 229 households were assisted with furnace repairs or replacements resulting in $388,331 paid to local contractors
How to Apply
Energy Assistance application deadline has been extended to July 1, 2020 due to COVID-19.
An application must be completed in order to receive Energy Assistance. Applications can be downloaded by clicking on the tab below or picked up at any of our locations. Due to COVID-19, if you need to pick up an application, please call ahead so our staff can assist you.
Once an application is complete, it can be dropped off at any of our locations.
To arrange to drop off a completed application, please call 320.235.0850 ext. 1137.
Or your completed application can be mailed to:
United Community Action Partnership
PO Box 1359
Willmar, MN 56201
Download Application (Spanish PDF)
- Minnesota Cold Weather Rule
- Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Weatherization & Intergovernmental Programs