Community Transit is taking steps to make sure we can provide necessary service to the people of our communities while keeping our passengers and drivers as safe as possible.
By following the procedures outlined here, we hope to continue serving our communities throughout the entire COVID-19 crisis. We will post updates as things change.
As of: 3/23/2020
Steps CT has taken are:
- Closing the doors of our offices to the public
- Ramping up our disinfecting of our vehicles
- Supplying cloth gloves for drivers to use
- Requesting all that passengers exhibiting symptoms wear a mask to help protect other passengers
- Shortening runs with fewer passengers so drivers have more time to disinfect vehicles
- Shorter shifts for dispatchers and cleaning workstations between shifts
- A maximum of three staff working in any office setting
- A maximum of three people in break rooms at one time
- Suspending dial-a-ride on weekends starting March 21st
- Suspending Volunteer Driver rides except for dialysis and cancer treatments starting March 21st
- Blue, Purple, and Green routes will be suspended as of March 24th
- Jackson office does not have dispatchers on site. Necessary rides in Cottonwood, Jackson and Murray counties can be scheduled by calling 507-847-2632 ext. 1. Press 7 and leave a message. Messages will be returned as quickly as possible.
- Resources are being shifted to provide delivery of food and other needed supplies