Community Transit is taking steps to make sure we can provide necessary service to the people of our communities while keeping our passengers and drivers as safe as possible.
By following the procedures outlined here, we hope to continue serving our communities throughout the entire COVID-19 crisis. We will post updates as things change.
As of: 8/3/2020
Steps CT has taken are:
- Closing the doors of our offices to the public
- Ramping up our disinfecting of our vehicles
- Supplying cloth gloves for drivers to use
- All passengers must wear masks on transit vehicles in compliance with the Governor’s Executive Order.
- Shortening runs with fewer passengers so drivers have more time to disinfect vehicles
- Shorter shifts for dispatchers and cleaning workstations between shifts
- A maximum of three staff working in any office setting
- A maximum of three people in break rooms at one time
- Weekend dial-a-ride service is phasing back in on weekends. Service will run from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in the city of Marshall on Saturday, June 13th
- Volunteer Driver rides are phasing back in as volunteers are trained and available
- Blue Route will run Monday, Wednesday and Friday beginning August 10th with an updated schedule and an added stop at Avera.
- Purple routes is suspended until further notice.
- Green Route is restarting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays June 15th
- Jackson office does not have dispatchers on site. Necessary rides in Cottonwood, Jackson and Murray counties can be scheduled by calling 507-847-2632 ext. 1. Press 7 and leave a message. Messages will be returned as quickly as possible.
- Resources are being shifted to provide delivery of food and other needed supplies