Community Transit is taking steps to make sure we can provide necessary service to the people of our communities while keeping our passengers and drivers as safe as possible.
By following the procedures outlined here, we hope to continue serving our communities throughout the entire COVID-19 crisis. We will post updates as things change.
As of: 9/11/20
Steps CT has taken are:
- Closing the doors of our offices to the public
- Ramping up our disinfecting of our vehicles
- Supplying cloth gloves for drivers to use
- All passengers must wear masks on transit vehicles in compliance with the Governor’s Executive Order.
- Shortening runs with fewer passengers so drivers have more time to disinfect vehicles
- Shorter shifts for dispatchers and cleaning workstations between shifts
- A maximum of three staff working in any office setting
- A maximum of three people in break rooms at one time
- Weekend dial-a-ride service is phasing back in on weekends. Service will run from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in the city of Marshall on Saturday, June 13th
- Volunteer Driver rides are phasing back in as volunteers are trained and available
- Blue Route runs Monday-Friday with an added stop at Avera. Check out the updated schedule.
- Purple routes runs Monday-Friday.
- Green Route is restarting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays June 15th
- Resources are being shifted to provide delivery of food and other needed supplies