Reducing energy consumption and debt
In partnership with utility providers of Conservation Improvement Programs (CIPs), UCAP’s Energy Assistance program offers Building Energy Savings Together (BEST) home visits. These home visits are designed to help participants with outstanding energy bills and to greatly reduce, or possibly eliminate, their energy debt. Participants who successfully complete a BEST home visit may receive upgrades to more energy efficient appliances depending on program availability.
BEST home visits participants receive the following benefits:
- Replacement of old inefficient appliances with Energy Star qualified units (depending on your utility provider and availability).
- A client gift bag containing energy savings items for the home.
- Education and tips that are needed to create better energy conservation habits, in an effort to reduce their home’s energy consumption and bills.
- The opportunity to partner with their gas and/or electricity providers and other community organizations to reduce energy debt.
- The opportunity to connect with other UCAP programs and learn about more resources available to them (i.e. financial management, weatherization, home rehabilitation, home electric savings, civic engagement, and community leadership).
interested in A best HOME VISIT?
Contact the office closest to you or call our corporate office in Marshall, MN at 507-537-1416 and we will connect you to one of our dedicated staff members.