Dear Head Start Parent/Guardian,
First, let me say I hope you and your family are safe and healthy as you read this letter. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we have been adjusting, like you, to the drastic changes in life during the last few months. I am extremely appreciative of our students, parents, teachers, staff, and administrators for their positivity, flexibility and resilience during these trying times.
I would also like to commend our parents and caregivers on remaining Head Start strong. You have worked with your children on educational achievements while being a parent, holding a job, being a student yourself, and developing new routines. I want to thank you for what you do every day!
Many United Community Action Partnership Head Start leadership decisions have been constantly changing to keep our students and staff safe. As our communities begin to reopen various businesses, we too have made plans for our Early Head Start and full year Head Start classrooms to reopen.
We have developed a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan that includes guidelines that the Head Start program will follow to keep our children, staff, and families safe. We are making that plan available to you.
The following are the dates we are planning to resume services by location:
- Hutchinson Toddler: June 8
- Marshall (all center based): Tentative Head Start and EHS June 29. Reopening will be in the new facility at 1402 S Saratoga St.
- Willmar (all center based full year classrooms): EHS Toddler Town at A/G church June 8 and Head Start June 15 using the Jefferson and Willmar North locations. Teachers will be in contact with families.
- Tracy (Head Start and EHS): Head Start June 8 and EHS June 15.
- Windom Head Start Kindergarten-Transition: Tentative July 13
- Hutchinson Head Start Kindergarten-Transition: Tentative July 13 (in new location at 900 Lynn Road)
- Litchfield Head Start Kindergarten-Transition: Tentative July 13.
Please reach out to your teacher or family service worker with questions regarding reopening dates and times for your specific classroom.
Stay Healthy! Stay Strong!
Dr. Mary Lockhart Findling
Head Start Director
United Community Action Partnership