$2,000 Hiring Bonus!
UCAP is a vibrant social service organization, with an encouraging, supportive, and caring culture. We value integrity, and we are recognized as a top performer in our field. UCAP strives to be the employer of choice in the communities we serve, offering opportunities for staff to be challenged, build skills, and start/further their career. Consider joining our team!
UCAP is seeking an energetic professional to join our team as a Youth Development Coordinator. In this role you will join a dedicated staff that is helping people and changing lives every day. Our Youth Development Program staff works with youth and their families to develop their life, leadership, and decision-making skills, while enhancing friendships with other youth and caring adults. The Youth Development Coordinator plans and offers enriching and fun activities during the school year and throughout the summer and interacts with youth in many ways. Your work here will truly make a difference in the lives of young people!
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Youth Development Coordinator contributes to the development of program goals and work plans to support youth participants, families, and the Family Services Department with assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Recruit and provide ongoing services for enrolled youth.
- Plan and promote group activities for youth
- Lead and provide programming for middle/high school girls’ leadership groups
- Create and promote activities that meet program plans and grant requirements.
- Connect youth and families with internal and external services and programming.
- Ensure community visibility of the program
- Assist in securing local donations/funding as needed.
- Maintain participant files and records.
- Attend staff meetings, training, and conferences as needed or requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of a two-year degree and/or one to three years combined education and experience in human service-related field.
- Experience working with youth, building community partnerships, and/or coordinating volunteers desired.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate special projects.
- Ability to monitor safety of youth at events and actively participate in activities.
Please refer to Job# 0422G, when applying.