RESPONSIBILITIES: To work together with the Head Start Teacher providing comprehensive Head Start experiences that meet the requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards. To empower parents as team members in a comprehensive approach to child development and self-sufficiency.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Assist the Head Start Teacher in implementing daily curriculum.
- Attend training and staff meetings as designated.
- Assist Aide with janitorial duties, as needed.
- Follow established safety procedures.
- Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- One (1) year experience working with 3-5 year olds.
- A current Child Development Associate (CDA) or an Early Childhood Degree or willingness to obtain within two (2) years.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Bilingual preferred both written and verbal.
- Computer/keyboarding skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel in a nine (9) county area regularly and out of the nine (9) county area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Demonstrated problem solving or conflict resolution skills.
- Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
- Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head Start regulations. Completion of COVID-19 Vaccination or willingness to complete by January 2022.
*Refer to Job ID #0818E when applying.