RESPONSIBILITIES: The Store Associate is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day thrift store operations, transactions, store deposits, engaging with customers and volunteers and maintaining a clean, well-organized store.
• Assist with daily store operations.
• Engage the community in support, promotion, and donation of good, services and promotions.
• Assure all necessary documentation is completed accurately.
• Support and model UCAP’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Experience working in a retail environment with knowledge of overall store operations, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Ability to operate cash register.
• Ability to understand budgets.
• Demonstrated math skills.
• Proven ability to initiate projects with volunteers, and by themselves.
• Demonstrated effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Ability to travel out of the service area for meetings, workshops, and conferences.
• Must complete a satisfactory background check.
Please refer to job #0323B when applying.