- Coordinates the resettlement of clients to ensure timely delivery of services and fulfill requirements of refugee resettlement in the United States.
- Coordinate donations and volunteers to aid in refugee resettlement.
- Complete record keeping, case notes, data collection, and other participant documentation as needed.
- Provide case management and outreach services as directed by the Family Services Manager.
- Establish and maintain effective referral network and community linkages.
- Support and model United Community Action Partnership communication commitment.
- Support and nurture continual process improvement, participatory management, and cross functional team efforts.
- Assure all necessary documentation and reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and training as needed or requested.
- Support and model UCAP’s Behavioral Competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree in Social Work, Sociology or a related field. Experience working with refugee populations is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Karen.
- Must be able to both interpret and translate from English to Karen and vice versa.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive case management.
- Ability to promote, support, advocate for and facilitate change in individuals.
- Ability to provide assistance to individuals and families in crisis situations.
- Understand and respect individual choices and diversity.
- Ability to facilitate comprehensive assessments with participants.
- Ability to set, monitor, and evaluate participant goals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Completion of a satisfactory Background Study.
Please refer to Job #0722G when applying.