Responsibilities: To meet the Agency’s mission as a team member in a comprehensive approach to community building and participant self-sufficiency attainment. To answer the phone and greet visitors in a professional manner; directing participants to the appropriate program or making referrals as needed.
- Open the reception area prior to 8:00 a.m.; checking voicemail messages as assigned. Close the reception area at 4:00 p.m. and complete the necessary tasks.
- Answer incoming phone calls, greet visitors, and provide internal and external referrals to Agency clients and business contacts.
- Answer questions and assist clients in the completion of forms as appropriate.
- Provide translation, both in written and verbal form as needed.
- Provide administrative support for the Agency.
- Responsible for the completion of Purchase Orders and Vouchers for supplies ordered.
- Responsible for various office functions including, but not limited to, purchasing and maintaining supplies and office equipment.
- If applicable make travel arrangements for staff, including, but not limited to: airline, hotel, train and automobile rental reservations.
- Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
Education and Experience:
- Two (2) years’ experience in a secretarial or office related position.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred – verbal and written.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices, written communication formats and business composition.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as: copy machines, fax machines, postage equipment and typewriter.
- PC and Microsoft Word proficient.
- Ability to operate multi-line phone system.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to attend any necessary meetings, training or conferences and to travel as necessary.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
- Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head Start regulations and completion of COVID-19 Vaccination.
Please refer to Job #1122D when applying.