JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of a transportation supervisor, the Bus Driver provides transportation and assistance as needed for residents in UCAP service area. Bus Driver must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration qualifications, Federal Transit Administration qualifications and certifications to drive for Transportation and Head Start.
• Pick up/deliver passengers safely per daily schedule and dispatch ride assignments.
• Make sound and immediate decisions based on traffic and road conditions and bus operations.
• Efficiently select booked trips according to times and locations.
• Work with staff to set up routes and schedule special events.
• Operate bus in a safe manner and follow driver policies/procedures.
• Understand and follow MnDOT, Agency, and Program guidelines.
• Complete pre and post trip bus inspections.
• Provide positive public relations and program awareness.
• Inform passengers of policies and procedures and collect and submit passenger fees as directed.
• Treat and assist passengers in a positive, professional manner and confront situations tactfully.
• Support and model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Class C or higher commercial driver’s license (CDL) with passenger endorsement.
• One (1) year of previous related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of road use, laws, and regulations.
• Ability to relate in courteous and professional manner.
• Demonstrated effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to use two-way radio and tablets to maintain communication.
• Ability to safely operate and maintain 9 – 23 passenger bus and wheelchair lift in all conditions.
• Ability to read maps.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
• Reliable, regular attendance.
• Must be able to pass DOT physical and alcohol/drug testing requirements.
• Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
Please refer to Job #0323G when applying.