- The Outreach Worker is responsible for UCAP clients with initial inquiries about the agency, community program and services that are offered.
- Responsible for initiating and conducting recruitment activities.
- Ensuring participants are fully aware of the policies and procedures of the agency services.
- Establish and maintain effective referral network and community linkages.
- Complete accurate record-keeping, case notes, data collection, and other participant documentation as required.
- Recruit and maintain effective volunteer network.
- Complete application process per program procedures.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and trainings and facilitate Agency trainings as needed or requested.
- Support & model United Community Action Partnership’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years post-secondary education in human services and three (3) years’ work experience in a human service field or a combination of five (5) years education and/or experience.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish and English) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrated effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Awareness of economic and cultural issues facing our constituents.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability to travel in UCAP Service area regularly.
- Ability to travel out of the service area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Regular, reliable attendance.
- Reliable mode of transportation necessary.
- Must have a satisfactory background check.
Please refer to Job #1022H when applying.