RESPONSIBILITIES: The Intake Worker is responsible to assist clients with initial inquiries about the Agency, and community programs and services that are offered. The Intake worker is also responsible for ensuring that each participant is fully aware of the policies and procedures of the agency services, while maintaining accurate documentation. They will work as an interface and access point for people in UCAP’s service area with both internal and external programming.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Conduct initial interview with applicants, either in person or over the telephone, gathering information about the applicant’s current situation and needs.
• Inform applicants about other community programs and services and provide advocacy with other resources on behalf of clients with other agencies.
• Review the intake process with each applicant completing all required forms and summarize the interview and clarify follow-up activities.
• Gather information about the applicant’s situation, including the family’s resources and assets and any issues regarding access to services.
• Provide information to participants about Agency and Community resources.
• Set up, organize, and maintain individual participant files according to established procedures.
• Maintain a file checklist for each client household to track and document necessary information.
• Track and log applicable information and referrals given to clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Two (2) years post-secondary education in human services and three (3) years’ work experience in a human service field or a combination of five (5) years education and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of community resources.
• Demonstrated effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Awareness of economic and cultural issues facing our constituents.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Ability to travel in UCAP Service area regularly.
• Ability to travel out of the service area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
• Regular, reliable attendance.
• Reliable mode of transportation necessary.
• Must have a satisfactory background check.
• Bilingual skills preferred.
Please refer to Job #0223D when applying.