The Housing Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Assistant Housing Director in the coordination and provision of housing development services within a nine-county service area. This position serves as the primary contact person for housing development programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Assist with project management of Housing Development program projects.
• Assist with the coordination of all program outreach, marketing, and other relevant bodies
per program guidelines.
• Oversee the file management processes per program guidelines and/or needs.
• Assist with the preparation, modification and monitoring of program budgets, receivables,
and payables on a regular basis.
• Assist in the completion of applications for federal, state, local, and private funds by
• Utilize training opportunities to improve skills, program development, delivery, and
• Support and model UCAP’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate degree (A.A.) or a two-year college or technical school certification or degree or
at least one to three years of previous and related work experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly master Housing Programs and Agency policies and
• Working understanding of housing construction standards, building code, energy
conservation, and weatherization techniques.
• Knowledge of legal documents related to housing construction and ownership such as lien
waivers, contracts, mortgages, deeds, etc. Ability to expand programs into property and
asset management arenas.
• Must be able to develop financial packages using public and private resources, including
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate effectively in
individual and group settings.
• Ability to work professionally with co-workers, staff, clientele, and stakeholders at the
local, state and federal level.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities, manage time, and assemble, interpret and disseminate
• Working knowledge of computers and software, including word processing and
• Ability to oversee and administer Housing programs, project development, staff
development and supervision required.
• Must have ability and willingness to participate, assist in development of additional
programs and changes that may come up in the Housing department.
• Must act as a management person in upholding agency and program guidelines and regulations as well as having unified front when decisions are made.
Please refer to job #0823K when applying.