- Conduct mandatory inspections of participant homes.
- Coordinate with housing program staff to ensure completion of applicant files.
- Coordinate with lenders, other housing providers/programs, landlords, and Agency staff to assist participants in development of and access to appropriate financial package for project.
- Maintain flexible work schedule to meet participants, contractors, and other boards and meet community needs.
- Ensure reasonable participant satisfaction with approved work, financing package, rehabilitation work, contractors, etc.
- Prepare and submit required reports and track updates in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support and model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess the ability to learn housing and commercial construction management, materials and techniques, costs, Accessibility (ADA) standard, Housing Quality Standards, health and safety inspections and building code regulations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with participants, contractors, and business leaders.
- Must possess basic computer/keyboard skills.
- Must have satisfactory background and driving record check.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize time and establish priorities based on daily changing program needs and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to learn how to conduct energy audits.
- Ability to obtain certifications for asbestos and lead hazards.
- Ability to obtain Quality Control Inspector certification.
- Ability to oversee construction worksite progress and coordinate with staff and relevant parties to complete project within program guidelines.
- Ability to travel out of the service area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Equivalent to one to two years of college or one to two years post-secondary vocation training in construction, engineering, or other related area will be given priority.
- Three to five years’ work experience in related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Please refer to Job #0922K when applying.