RESPONSIBITIES: The Housing Auditor/Inspector implements and coordinates housing and rehabilitation services in assigned counties and cities, including housing inspections for Weatherization, Rehabilitation, MURL and Housing Development projects in conjunction with program guidelines, Housing Quality Standards, Building Code, Lead regulations, Asbestos regulations, Air Quality regulations and other relevant regulations. Development of work specifications and coordination of bid/contractor selection and project monitoring. Provide comprehensive and ongoing assistance to households participating in the Agency’s programs. Coordinate Housing services with other Agency and external provider programs to ensure maximum services are provided to applicants and participants.
• Conduct mandatory inspections of participant homes to ensure it meets program guidelines.
• Responsible for project management of individual housing program products.
• Ensure reasonable participant satisfaction with approved work, financing package,
rehabilitation work, contractors, etc.
• Prepare and submit required reports and track updates in a timely manner.
• Support and model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to obtain a solid working knowledge of single-family homes, rental housing, multi-family housing and commercial construction management, materials and techniques, costs, Accessibility (ADA) standard, Housing Quality Standards, health and safety inspections and building code regulations.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with participants, contractors, and business leaders.
• Must possess basic computer/keyboard skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must have satisfactory background check and motor vehicle report (MVR).
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to organize time and establish priorities based on daily changing program needs and multiple deadlines.
• Ability to learn how to conduct energy audits.
• Ability to obtain certifications for asbestos and lead hazards.
• Ability to obtain Quality Control Inspector certification.
• Ability to oversee construction worksite progress and coordinate with staff and relevant parties to complete project within program guidelines.
• Ability to travel out of the service area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
• Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Equivalent to one to two years of college or post-secondary vocation training in construction, engineering, project management, building science or other related area.
• Three to five years’ work experience in related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please refer to Job #0323C when applying.