RESPONSIBILITIES: Plan, prepare and teach center days that provide a comprehensive Head Start experience that meets the requirements of the Head Start Performance Standard to include an organized series of experiences that align with the curricula. Serve and evaluate children’s progress, basing program planning and individualization on child outcomes data with the goal of improving children’s readiness for school. Complete record-keeping, child assessments, communication, case notes, data collection and other participant documentation as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Plan, prepare, and conduct center classroom days.
• Assure children’s individual needs and differences are met.
• Plan and implement learning experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, and
physical development of children.
• Complete child assessments with fidelity.
• Encourage family engagement in program.
• Supervise classroom staff.
• Coordinate and provide services for children with disabilities.
• Facilitate the transition of Head Start children to the next educational facility.
• Coordinate and integrate nutrition and health activities into the classroom.
• Assist with grantee efforts in recruitment of Head Start children.
• Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• AA or BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field as defined by the
Office of Head Start.
• CPR and First Aid certification.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
• Computer/keyboarding skills required.
• Ability to work as part of a team and provide team leadership.
• Knowledge and understanding of child development.
• Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and conflict resolution strategies.
• Ability to travel in a nine (9) county area regularly and out of the nine (9) county area for
meetings, workshops, and conferences.
• Reliable mode of transportation.
• Reliable, regular attendance.
• Knowledge and understanding of child development, integration of services and of issues faced by
low-income people in the nine (9) county area.
• Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
• Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head
Please refer to Job #0323A when applying.