RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide a comprehensive Head Start experience that meets the requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards. To integrate component activities within the classroom. To empower parents and staff as team members in a comprehensive approach to child development and self-sufficiency.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Plan, prepare, and conduct center classroom days.
- Assure children’s individual needs and differences are met.
- Plan and implement learning experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional and physical development of children.
- Complete child assessments with fidelity.
- Encourage family engagement in program.
- Supervise classroom staff.
- Coordinate and provide services for children with disabilities.
- Facilitate the transition of Head Start children to the next educational facility.
- Coordinate and integrate nutrition and health activities into the classroom.
- Assist with grantee efforts in recruitment of Head Start children.
- Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA or BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field as defined by the Office of Head Start.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred both written and verbal.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Computer/keyboarding skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide team leadership.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and conflict resolution strategies.
- Ability to travel in a nine (9) county area regularly and out of the nine (9) county area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development, integration of services and of issues faced by low-income people in the nine (9) county area.
- Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
- Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head Start regulations. Completion of COVID-19 Vaccination or willingness to complete by January 2022.
Please refer to Job #1221M when applying.