EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Promote & support parent involvement & education in the Head Start Program.
- Facilitate the development and completion of the Family Partnership Agreements with enrolled families and support their efforts to reach their goals.
- Recruit children and families for the program and take applications on an ongoing basis.
- Provide assessment and development of Family Partnership Agreements with enrolled individuals and families.
- Support families in accessing other community resources.
- Support families’ efforts to reach their goals.
- Complete record-keeping, case notes, data collection and other participant documentation as needed.
- Offer opportunities for parent engagement, including policy groups and training activities based on interest and need.
- Coordinate and integrate program services to enhance effectiveness.
- Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Within eighteen months of hire must have, at a minimum, a credential or certification in social work, human service, family services, counseling, or a related field.
- One (1) year related work experience.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Bilingual preferred both written and verbal.
- Computer/keyboarding skills required.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills including ability to speak in front of a group.
- Understanding and respect for cultural diversity and participant’s right to make their own decisions.
- Knowledge and understanding of integration of services.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Knowledge about community resources available to families.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel in a nine (9) county area regularly and out of the nine (9) county area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other service providers on behalf of participants.
- Demonstrated problem solving or conflict resolution skills.
- Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
- Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head Start regulations along with completion of COVID-19 Vaccination.
Please refer to Job #1222G when applying.