RESPONSIBILITIES: To work together with the Head Start Teacher providing comprehensive Head Start experiences that meet the requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards. To empower parents as team members in a comprehensive approach to child development and self-sufficiency.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Complete food preparation tasks and clean-up.
- Pick up and deliver meals as needed, if applicable.
- Perform required record keeping.
- Assist in preparation of classroom health and nutrition activities.
- Perform janitorial duties daily.
- Attend training and staff meetings as designated.
- Serve as a short-term substitute in the absence of the Assistant Teacher.
- Follow established safety procedures.
- Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
- Assist with transportation activities as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Bilingual preferred both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer/keyboarding skills required.
- Ability to follow problem-solving and conflict-resolution strategies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel in a nine (9) county area.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
- Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head Start regulations and completion of COVID-19 Vaccination.
Please refer to Job #0522D when applying.