• Operate the Head Start bus in a safe manner and follow driver policies/procedures manual and
Head Start Program Performance Standards.
• Pick up/deliver passengers safely per manifest and fixed route ride assignments.
• Make sound and immediate decisions based on traffic and road conditions and bus operations.
• Understand and follow MnDOT, Agency, and Program guidelines.
• Must perform all duties in accordance with ADA requirements for passenger assistance.
• Child passengers will be seated in a C.A.R.S seat properly.
• Provide positive public relations and program awareness by maintaining a clean bus, a
professional appearance and participating in community events when assigned.
• Complete pre and post trip bus inspections.
• Treat and assist passengers in a positive, professional manner and confront situations tactfully.
• Support and model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Able to obtain and keep a valid Class C or higher commercial driver’s license (CDL) with
passenger endorsement and have a good driving record.
• Obtain CARS certification and Pediatric First Aid CPR certification within 90 days.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Must possess knowledge of road use, laws, MNDOT and Head Start regulations.
• Ability to relate in a courteous and professional manner displaying sensitivity and caring
attitude toward participants and providers.
• Ability to safely operate and maintain 5 – 23 passenger bus and wheelchair lift as applicable in
all weather conditions.
• Ability to make appropriate decisions regarding safety issues.
• Know geographic area and ability to read maps.
• Ability to accept guidance, training, and support from other transportation staff.
• Work as a team member in the daily operations and on-going system development.
• Access to a reliable mode of transportation to and from the work site.
• Reliable, regular attendance.
• Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings within 90 days of
employment as requested per Head Start regulations.
• Must be able to pass DOT physical and alcohol/drug testing requirements.
• Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
Please refer to job #0623V when applying.