RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide a comprehensive Head Start experience that meets the requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards. To integrate component activities within the classroom. To empower parents and staff as team members in a comprehensive approach to child development and self-sufficiency.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Plan and implement individual and small group learning experiences for identified at-risk children.
- Work with children with identified or diagnosed challenging behaviors to increase social and emotional competency.
- Teach coping skills for successful social-emotional interactions.
- Support classroom staff in the area of behavior guidance.
- With individualized planning help children learn and use problem solving techniques.
- Act as a positive role model and encourage appropriate behavior.
- Assist the Teacher to prepare and attend parent conferences.
- Develop and maintain a Professional Development Plan.
- Assist with grantee efforts in recruitment of Head Start children.
- Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- CDA with training/experience in challenging behaviors.
- Degree in Early Childhood or ECSE preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Flexibility to move from one classroom to another and meet the needs of the room and individual children.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Computer/keyboarding skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Understanding and respect for cultural diversity and participant’s right to make their own decisions.
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and conflict resolution strategies.
- Ability to travel in and out of nine (9) county area when required and regularly to assigned classroom locations, meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development, integration of services and of issues faced by low-income people.
- Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
- Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head Start regulations along with completion of COVID-19 Vaccination.
Please refer to Job #0922E when applying.