RESPONSIBILITIES: To work together with the Head Start Teacher providing comprehensive Head Start experiences that meet the requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards. To empower parents as team members in a comprehensive approach to child development and self-sufficiency.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
• To assist the Head Start Teacher to plan and prepare for center days.
• Perform required record keeping.
• Share in the planning of classroom health and nutrition activities.
• Attend training and staff meetings as designated.
• Serve as a short-term substitute in the absence of the Head Start Teacher.
• Assist Aide with janitorial duties, as needed.
• Assist with grantee efforts in recruitment of Head Start children.
• Follow established safety procedures.
• Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• One (1) year experience working with 3–5 year-olds.
• A current Child Development Associate (CDA) or an Early Childhood Degree or willingness to obtain within two (2) years.
• CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Computer/keyboarding skills required.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to travel in a nine (9) county area regularly and out of the nine (9) county area for meetings, workshops, and conferences.
• Reliable, regular attendance.
• Reliable mode of transportation.
• Knowledge and understanding of child development.
• Demonstrated problem solving or conflict resolution skills.
• Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
• Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head Start regulations.
Please refer to job #0823M when applying.