RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide a comprehensive Early Head Start experience that meets the requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards. To integrate component activities within the home visit and socialization experience to Early Head Start families. To empower parents as team members in a comprehensive approach to child development and self-sufficiency.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Plan, prepare, and conduct weekly home visits and semi-monthly socializations that include an organized series of experiences that align with the curriculum.
- Observe and evaluate children’s progress, basing program planning and individualization on child and family outcomes data with the goal of improving children’s readiness for school.
- Facilitate completion and the development of Family Partnership Agreements with enrolled families and support their efforts to reach their goals.
- Develop and maintain a system that ensures all component areas are integrated within the program option.
- Complete record-keeping, communication, case notes, data collection, and other participant documentation as required.
- Maintain professional boundaries, confidentiality, and refer for case management.
- Provide families with resources to promote personal growth and adult education opportunities.
- Assist grantee efforts in recruitment of Head Start children and families.
- Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at a minimum, a Home Visiting CDA credential.
- 1 year related work experience.
- CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to obtain.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Bilingual preferred both written and verbal.
- Computer/keyboarding skills required.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding and respect for cultural diversity and participant’s right to make their own decisions.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Knowledge about community resources available to families.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel in a nine (9) county area regularly and out of the nine (9) county area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other service providers on behalf of participants.
- Demonstrated problem solving or conflict resolution skills.
- Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
- Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head Start regulations along with completion of COVID-19 Vaccination.
Please refer to Job #0522A when applying.
United Community Action Partnership, Inc. is an EOE/ADA/AA Employer.