RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Scheduler, the Dispatcher receives and dispatches trip requests for a multi-county transportation program and maintains accurate data entry. Provides quality customer service with the public and with the drivers.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Coordinate transportation requests with volunteer drivers and bus drivers.
• Receive incoming calls and accurately enter all requests and return trips in computer system.
• Confront situations tactfully as needed.
• Log and maintain intake information on new clients.
• Log trips from rider sheets.
• Find drivers for each transportation request.
• Accurately take and relay information to/from service providers, drivers, riders, etc.
• Understand and follow MnDOT, Agency, and Program guidelines.
• Act as liaison to other service providers in coordination of services.
• Support and model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent, plus one (1) to three (3) years’ experience in related
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Ability to relate in courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to be assertive, tactful, and use good judgement.
• Demonstrated effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to motivate people to understand the need for transportation services.
• Ability to keep accurate records and enter client data and codes into computer.
• Ability to manage time in face of conflicting priorities and high demand.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
• Reliable, regular attendance.
• Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
Please refer to Job #0223E when applying.