Responsibilities: To meet the Agency’s mission as a team member in a comprehensive approach to community building and participant self-sufficiency attainment.
- Perform food preparation tasks for Head Start Classrooms and clean-up kitchen according to policies and procedures.
- Following established Behavior Guidance Strategies, Policies and Procedures including.
- Facilitate health, nutrition and safety tasks.
- Perform required record keeping.
- Attend trainings and staff meetings.
- Assist with the grantee efforts in recruitment of Head Start children annually, as instructed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to follow problem-solving and conflict resolution strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues faced by low-income people in the nine county area.
- Ability to travel within and out of the service area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Must complete a satisfactory Background Study.
- Must have satisfactory completion of a medical examination within 90 days of employment.
Education and Experience:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to obtain within 90 days.
- Experience as a cook preparing food in an institutional setting or other combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and skill required to perform the required duties.
- Must have or be willing to attend and complete Food Manager Certification Course.
- Knowledge of health and sanitation rules in food service.
- Completion of COVID-19 Vaccination or willingness to complete by January 2022.
Please refer to Job #1021E when applying.