• Pick up/deliver passengers safely per daily schedule and dispatch ride assignments.
• Make sound and immediate decisions based on traffic and road conditions and bus operations.
• Efficiently select booked trips according to times and locations.
• Work with staff to set up routes and schedule special events.
• Operate bus in a safe manner and follow driver policies/procedures.
• Understand and follow MnDOT, Agency, and Program guidelines.
• Complete pre and post trip bus inspections.
• Provide positive public relations and program awareness.
• Inform passengers of policies and procedures and collect and submit passenger fees as directed.
• Treat and assist passengers in a positive, professional manner and confront situations tactfully.
• Support and model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Class C or higher commercial driver’s license (CDL) with passenger endorsement.
• One (1) year of previous related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of road use, laws, and regulations.
• Ability to relate in a courteous and professional manner.
• Demonstrated effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to use two-way radio and tablets to maintain communication.
• Ability to safely operate and maintain 9 – 23 passenger bus and wheelchair lift in all conditions.
• Ability to read maps.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
• Reliable, regular attendance.
• Must be able to pass DOT physical and alcohol/drug testing requirements.
• Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
Please refer to job #0723A when applying.