JOB FUNCTION DETAILS:
- To give classroom staff scheduled breaks and time outside of the classroom for planning, prep, documentation.
- To assist teachers in conducting center days in the absence of regular staff
- To assist in the documentation of children’s progress, basing program planning and individualization on child and family outcomes data with the goal of improving children’s readiness for school.
- To assist in maintain a system that ensures all component areas are integrated within the program option with support and direction from the component area managers.
- Complete record-keeping, communication, case notes, data collection and other participant documentation as required.
- Contribute to effective program practices and maintain a commitment to professionalism. Maintain professional boundaries, confidentiality and refer for case management, as appropriate.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- To know and follow the Agency Policies and Procedures, Head Start Program Service Plan, Head Start Act of 2007, Head Start Performance Standards and Minnesota Licensing Statutes.
- To provide a comprehensive Head Start experience that meets the requirements of Head Start Performance Standards.
- To integrate component areas (Education, Family Development, Parent Involvement, Health, Disabilities, Mental Health, Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance) throughout the Head Start program.
- In coordination with the Lead Teacher, plan and implement learning experiences that advances the intellectual, emotional and physical development of children.
- To work as a member of the team within the classroom.
- To develop and maintain a Professional Development Plan in conjunction with the Coach/Mentor.
- Fully participates in the assessment, planning, implementation, achievement of results, and evaluation activities of the program/area of work.
- Support and model UCAP’s Behavior Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- One (1) year experience working with 3-5 year olds.
- A current Child Development Associate (CDA) or an Early Childhood Degree or willingness to obtain within two (2) years.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Flexibility to be able to move from one classroom to another and meet the needs of the room and individual children.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues faced by low-income people in the nine county area.
- Knowledge and understanding of integration of services.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Knowledge about community resources available to families.
- Understanding and respect for cultural diversity and participant’s right to make their own decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other service providers on behalf of participants.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to provide team leadership and supervise on-site staff.
- Ability to travel within and out of the service area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Computer/keyboarding skills required.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Must complete a satisfactory Background Study.
- Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head Start regulations. Completion of COVID-19 Vaccination or willingness to complete.
Please refer to Job #0721D when applying.